Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Real Madrid

This past weekend I stayed in Madrid and checked two major things off of my Madrid bucket list.

Last Friday I spent the day with my best friend Kerry being a tourist in our "home town". We walked around various shops before heading over to my summer place/ future wedding reception venue. It's known to the public as the Palacio Real or Royal Palace. We took our time wandering the square and various rooms of the palace that is no longer used by the royal family. The security guards there are super nice and have a lot of good information, I am still not entirely sure how we befriended him but it has something to do with Kerry picking up a receipt off the floor. The palace was really pretty and had a lot of different artworks and styles, but sadly it did not allow for any pictures inside.

After the palace we grabbed lunch at an Indian place nearby and walked towards Sol. Someone had told us that the rooftop of the Corte Igles (the big english style department store) offered up some of the best views of Madrid, so we decided to check them out ourselves. They weren't half bad but I still take my park on the south side as my favorite.

Saturday morning I woke up with some stomach bug esque illness, so I spent the day in bed resting up for the night I was so excited about. The day had finally arrived that we were going to a Real Madrid game. To say I was excited would be an understatement. We followed the locals and grabbed beer and appetizers before the game right near the stadium. We found our tickets three rows from the top and settled in for the game, they were paying Rayo Vallenco which is the third team from Madrid and they are kinda low in the league so it was an easy 5-0 win. The atmosphere and the enormity of the stadium were amazing, people had still piled in for a non-major game in the pouring rain (luckily our seats were covered). It was definitely one of the coolest and most Madrid experiences I have had so far.



Sorry on this blog being kinda short and minimal, but the whole sick thing limited what I could manage this weekend. But don't worry, I am in Madrid again next weekend and will definitely make up for it then.





No comments:

Post a Comment